Undoubtedly, one of the dream countries for all people seriously considering an idea of moving to a new location is – Spain. You probably already know a handful of reasons why you would like to move and live in Spain. The gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and its unmatchable beaches, fabulous golf terrains, luxury villas, rich culture, impressive history and legacy, this list can go on and on. Moving to Spain can never be a wrong decision. How we know that for sure? Well, there are more than 1.5 million people thinking just like you who already moved to Spain. Where can you find all those people? Here’s our simple advice. Just follow the coastline and the South of Spain will give you plenty of reasons to stay here.
Things to consider while Moving to Spain
- As an EU resident, you don’t need a visa in order to move to Spain. Yet, after 3 months you need to apply for the NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero), or a foreign identity number.
- You should also have an S1 medical form to show to a local Spanish hospital or doctor.
- In addition, you need to register in the local Citizens Registry.
- It’s worth mentioning that you can use your current EU driving license in the period of two years after your arrival in Spain. Additionally, you need to go through a registration process with the local traffic authorities in the first six months.
- If your pet is also moving to Spain with you then you need to make sure it got the ISO microchip. Don’t forget to vaccinate your pet, at least, three weeks before your travel.
- In case, you’re planning on moving to Spain with your four-wheeled pet then you can use your EU plates for no more than 6 months. After this initial period, you need to get the Spanish license plates. How much you need to pay for it? Well, somewhere between €2,000 and €2,500.
- When it comes to the education system you came to the right place with your family. Don’t worry about the Spanish language because there are quite a few international schools in Spain at your disposal. How much you need to pay for your kid to get into one of these schools? Well, you are very likely to pay anywhere between €750 and €1500 a month. On the other hand, as you might have expected, the public schools are free.
Are you serious about Moving to Spain?
At Z-Yachting, we are both happy and privileged to welcome all Mediterranean newbies. As we all know, the first item in your priority list what to do while in Spain is to find a suitable home for you and your family. We are here to help and assist you each step of the way when acquiring a new property in Spain. Remember, deciding to move to Spain is only the first step. Buying a new property is the next and the most important thing you need to do with our help.